VOICE OF YOU, INC. (“Company”, “We”, “Our”, or “Us”) understands that you are aware of and care about your own privacy, and we take that seriously. This Privacy Notice (this or the “Notice”) applies to your use of this website (voiceofyou.net) or mobile application, regardless of how you access or use these Services, including access via mobile devices and apps. Please check the Notice from time to time when you visit our website, as the Notice may be amended pursuant to the government’s policy or out of necessity of the Company.
Date of Notification: 2020. 5. 1. Effective Date: 2020. 5. 1.
This Policy contains the following:
1. Consent to collection of personal information;
VOICE OF YOU arranges the procedure whereby users may click an ‘agree’ or ‘disagree’ button with respect to the contents of this Policy or the Terms and Conditions of service of VOICE OF YOU. If a user clicks an ‘agree’ button, he/she is deemed to have agreed to collection of personal information.
2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information;
“Personal information” means an information concerning a living person by which the person may be identified based on his/her name, resident registration number, etc. contained in the information (includes information, if used alone, could not be used to identify one individual from the others, but could be easily combined with other information to identify one individual from the others). The purposes of collection and use of personal information of users of VOICE OF YOU are as follows:
* Management of members : (1) Identification of members for using membership services (2) Prevention of unauthorized or unapproved use by an unauthorized user, prevention of duplicated sign ups of existing members (3) Confirmation of an intention of signing up, and restriction on signing up and number of sign ups (4) Identification of minors (5) Record keeping for consultations, complaint handling procedure and settlement of dispute for users (6) Delivery of notices (7) Prevent unauthorized use of ID (8) Prevention of fraudulent transactions
* Execution of an agreement concerning provision of services and payment of fees for provision of services : (1) Provision of services for transactions among members (2) Provision of contents, notice of result of event/giveaway winnings and delivery of goods (3) Identity verification relating to financial transactions and financial services (4) Sending invoices, processing purchases and payment, collection of payment (5) Prevention of fraudulent transactions
* Use for marketing and advertisement : (1) Provision of optimum services for users (2) Development and specialization of new services (products) (3) Provision of services and advertisement based on demographic characteristics (4) Observation of frequency of web page access (5) Sending periodicals and notifications about new products or services (6) Planning of web services and events corresponding to the user’s area of interests (7) Delivery of advertising information such as giveaway or event, or operation of member participatory spaces (8) Provision of service and product-related information
3. Personal Information Items Collected;
VOICE OF YOU collects only the information required for providing basic services. It obtains consent from users when collecting information for providing service that meet each user’s preference and needs. Even when a user fails to provide optional information, there are no restrictions on his/her use of service.
VOICE OF YOU does not collect any sensitive personal information that may infringe the basic human right of users (i.e., race, nationality, ideology, creed, place of birth, place of family register, political tendency, criminal records, health condition, sexual life, etc.). Under any circumstances, the Company does not use or disclose to a third party the information input by users for any purpose other than those declared in advance to users.
VOICE OF YOU collects and uses personal information as follows:
* Name, ID, email, address, service usage records, IP address, connection logs : User identification, contacting for execution of agreement, provision of information regarding usage of services (delivery of notices, confirmation of user’s intentions, service-related consultations, handling complaints, matters to note, etc.)
* Automatically collected information: service usage records, usage suspension records, usage termination records, IP address, connection logs, cookies : Prevention of illegal/unauthorized usage, compliance to personal information expiration regulations, services such as shopping cart and recently viewed products
* Name, recipient, contact information, shipping address : Product and reward shipping (return/refund), verification of shipping address and contact information, provision of ‘use same information’ feature after initial entry
* Account holder name, account number, credit card number, credit card holder name, billing and payment records : Payment release service, refund of payment for cancelled purchases, preservation of electronic financial records
* Order number, credit card number, PayPal ID, member name, member’s email address, member’s contact information, member’s address recipient’s name, recipient’s contact information, recipient’s email address, recipient’s address : Prevention of fraudulent transactions
* Orderer’s name, orderer’s contact information, orderer’s e-mail address, orderer’s address, recipient’s name, recipient’s contact information, recipient’s address : Shipment of product and giveaway(return/refund), verification of shipping address and contact information
* Quick Sign-up using SNS accounts : Sign up as VOICE OF YOU member using SNS account
4. Method of Collection of Personal Information
VOICE OF YOU collects personal information through the sign up process, consultation process, events, giveaways, sales agencies or partner companies, as well as through using information collection tools (cookies) in connection with the information created during use of mobile phones and wired/wireless internet services.
5. Period of Possession and Use of Personal Information
VOICE OF YOU reserves the right to possess personal information of members for a certain period of time in order to confirm transaction-related rights or obligations in accordance to applicable laws and regulations such as the Commercial Act, the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the Electronic Financial Transactions Act, the Specialized Credit Finance Business Act, the Framework Act on National Taxes, the Corporate Tax Act or the Value-Added Tax Act, etc., as follows. The inspection and use of such personal information shall be limited to the relevant reason and the purpose and period of possession and items to be possessed shall be specified in advance.
(1) Records regarding execution of the agreement or withdrawal of subscriptions, etc.: Three (3) years
(2) Records regarding payments and provision of goods, etc.: Five (5) years
(3) Records regarding consumer complaints or dispute resolution: Three (3) years
6. Use of the Collected Personal Information and Provision of such Information to a Third Party
VOICE OF YOU shall use the personal information of users within the scope notified in the sign up form, service Terms and Conditions and ”Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information” under the Policy and shall neither use the same in excess of such scope, nor provide it for other persons, companies or institutions. However, requests made with consent of the customer and requests made in accordance to procedures set by the law shall be excepted. In such case, personal information may be used and provided with due care
7. Inspection and Correction of Personal Information
Users may, at any time, inspect or correct their personal information registered. If a user seeks to inspect or change his/her personal information, he/she shall click ‘Change Personal Information’ and then inspect or change the relevant information himself/herself, or contact the supervisor and the person responsible for management of personal information in writing, by telephone or by e-mail, in which case such request shall be processed without delay.
If a user requests the correction of any errors in personal information, the relevant personal information shall not be used or provided until the error has been corrected.
8. Withdrawal of Consent to Collection, Use and Provision of Personal Information
A user may, at any time, withdraw his/her consent to collection, use and provision of personal information, which he/she consented to during sign up. A user may immediately withdraw consent to collection, use and provision of personal information by clicking “Withdraw Membership” under “Personal Information” on the first page of the Homepage. If user contacts the supervisor in charge of management of personal information in writing, by telephone or by e-mail, etc., VOICE OF YOU shall immediately take necessary measures for the withdrawal without delay.
9. Procedure and Method of Destruction of Personal Information
Personal information entered by a user for sign up to membership shall be deleted or destroyed after lapse of the period, which is prescribed for the protection of information (see the “Period of Possession and Use of Personal Information” above) under VOICE OF YOU’s internal policy and other applicable laws, after the purpose of use of personal information is achieved, such as termination of services. In general, if there are no remaining credits or debts, personal information collected upon membership sign up and then managed in an electronic file form shall be deleted immediately at the time of withdrawal from membership.
10. Protection of Personal Information of Children
VOICE OF YOU does not collect personal information of children in order to protect personal information of a child of less than fourteen (14) years. It allows only a person of fourteen (14) years or more to subscribe for membership
11. Entrustment of Personal Information Handling
In the business entrustment agreement, etc., VOICE OF YOU prescribes the provisions concerning the compliance with laws and regulations related to protection of personal information, the confidentiality of personal information, the prohibition from provision of personal information to a third party, the responsibility in the event of accident, the period of entrustment, and the obligations to return or destroy personal information after the end of handling of personal information, etc. VOICE OF YOU manages to have the foregoing provisions complied.
12. Method of Notification or Notice of the Policy
When VOICE OF YOU seeks to obtain additional consent from a user for the use of or provision to a third party of his/her personal information beyond the consented scope, VOICE OF YOU shall notify the user of the relevant matter in advance in writing, by e-mail etc.
In the event VOICE OF YOU entrusts collection, possession, disposition, use, provision, management or destruction, etc. of user’s personal information to a third party, VOICE OF YOU shall inform the user thereof and obtain consent from the user by notifying such information on the sign up page, in the Terms and Conditions of services or the Policy appearing on the Homepage, etc.
13. Technical and Administrative Measure for Protection of Personal Information
VOICE OF YOU has prepared and applies technical and administrative measures to protect user’s personal information.
(1) User’s personal information is password-protected and important information is protected through an independent security function by encoding files and transmission data or using lock function.
(2) VOICE OF YOU takes measures to prevent damage which may arise from computer viruses by using a vaccine program. The vaccine program is regularly updated. Upon sudden emergence of a virus, a new vaccine developed against the virus shall be immediately provided upon availability to prevent infringement of personal information.
(3) VOICE OF YOU makes best efforts for security against infiltrations from outside such as hacking, etc. by using infiltration blocking systems and vulnerability analysis systems, etc. on each server.
14. Linked Sites
VOICE OF YOU may provide a link to website or materials of another company to the members. In this case, VOICE OF YOU shall not be liable for authenticity or usefulness of such service or materials, nor shall it provide any guarantee thereto since VOICE OF YOU has no right to control the external site and materials.
VOICE OF YOU considers a customer’s posts to be valuable and does its best to protect the posts from falsification, damage or deletion, except for the following:
(1) Writing which defames others by disseminating false statements with the intention of slandering others
(2) Unauthorized disclosure of others’ personal information, infringement of VOICE OF YOU’s copyright or a third party’s intellectual property right, etc. or contents inconsistent with the subject matter of the bulletin board
(3) Contents that are moved to bulletin board for different subject matter, VOICE OF YOU shall disclose the moving route on the relevant post in order to avoid any misunderstanding.
16. Matters Concerning Installation, Operation and Refusal of Automatic Personal Information Collection Device
VOICE OF YOU may install and use cookie, which contain user’s information and can be searched through its Internet service. Cookie means a string information which the web server sends to web browser for storing and is sent back to the server at the time of additional request from the server. If a user accesses VOICE OF YOU’s web site, VOICE OF YOU may read the contents of cookie existing in the user’s browser, search additional information and use such information to provide services without additional input of name, etc.
Cookies expires upon closing the browser or logging out.
17. Rights and Obligations of Users
Users should exercise caution to enter and maintain the most up-to-date personal information. Users shall be liable for any accident arising from any inaccurate information indicated by him/her. If a user indicates any false information such as personal information of someone else, his/her membership may be revoked.
Users have the right to have his/her personal information be protected as well as the obligation to protect himself/herself, and not to infringe information of others. Users should be careful to avoid theft of his/her personal information, including passwords, and also avoid potentially damage personal information of others through, including but not limited to, posts. If a user fails to fulfill such responsibilities and damages information of others, he/she may be punished under the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.
18. Collection of Opinion and Complaint Handling
VOICE OF YOU values opinion of users and users have the right to hear sincere answer on their questions at any time. VOICE OF YOU operates a consultation channels such as Customer Center for smooth communication with users. If a user has any question, he/she may contact any of the following and hear sincere answer at any time
19. Supervisor and Person responsible for Management of Personal Information
The Customer Center makes the best efforts to answer users’ questions regarding protection of personal information promptly and sincerely. In addition, when a user seeks to contact VOICE OF YOU’s person in charge of protection of personal information, he/she is requested to contact any of the following persons using the contact information or email address below. VOICE OF YOU shall answer the questions concerning personal information promptly and sincerely:
20. Transmission of Advertising Information
VOICE OF YOU shall not transmit any advertising information for commercial purposes without prior consent of the customers.
21. Duty to Notify
This Policy was established on May 1st, 2020. In the event of addition, deletion or amendments to its contents according to the changes in government policies or security technologies, any general changes shall be publicly announced at least seven (7) days before the changes take effect, and any important changes shall be publicly announced at least thirty (30) days before the changes take effect, under the “Notices” section of the Homepage.